Controller – Family Office
The T&C Family Office Group works with many high-net-worth families and certain of their companies
to satisfy ongoing accounting, financial, governance, investment consulting and oversight, as well as tax
needs. The Controller oversees the accounting and financial activities, with the ideal candidate capable of both executing detailed accounting activities as well as providing oversight of others and engaging in
periodic special projects within the firm. The T&C Family Office is a service team operating within one
of the largest independent, regional public accounting firms. Templeton & Company, LLP is a member
firm within the BDO Alliance USA. The Controller reports directly to the Managing Director/Partner –
- Oversee and provide direction to other family office professional staff members.
- Provide banking, accounting and reporting services for high net worth individuals and certain of their companies.
- Monitor cash balances and complex investment activities.
- Prepare and analyze various financial statements – including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, budgets.
- Maintain strong control environment while proactively seeking and implementing improvements to processes.
- Performs/oversees initial preparation of various tax returns and assists in smooth flow of information to T&C tax team as necessary.
- Over time, engage in other special projects within the firm and across service lines (i.e. audit, tax
- Minimum of 10 years accounting experience, including experience in public accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Masters or MBA a plus.
- Family office or controllership experience.
- Strong proficiency in QuickBooks. Great Plains/MS Dynamics a plus.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word. PowerPoint a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Positive, energetic leader and team member.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Capable of performing complex tasks, but doesn’t mind performing detailed tasks (“whatever it
- Creative problem solver – looks to assist clients with questions and issues.
- Client service oriented – both external and internal clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Eager teacher for staff, but also interested in continuous learning with the potential for growth and
engagement in other firm projects over time.