Spring 2023 Tax Internships
West Palm Beach, FL and Fort Lauderdale, FL
We are seeking talented soon-to-be college graduates to join our tax practice in our Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach offices. We offer the opportunity to use the breadth of your tax knowledge and skills with an elite, growing, and local CPA firm, all within an environment that values your contributions and supports your professional growth.
- Staff level tax internship position – most of their time spent in-office (ability to work remotely).
- Responsible for utilizing educational background, communication & organizational skills to analyze data, assist with preparation of tax returns, provide & maintain proper documentation to support tax return calculations, perform tax research, and support professional tax preparers, in general.
- Interact with tax personnel regarding your workload and keep team informed on status.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of federal and state tax compliance (0-3 years of relevant tax experience).
- A positive and willing attitude is essential!
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to listen effectively.
- Be a team player and embrace working with others.
- Work well under pressure.
- Excellent analytical, organization and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Ability to learn processes quickly and be able to apply that knowledge to engagements.
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments.
- Professional in appearance.
Training and Experience:
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s in Accounting, working toward CPA licensure, Master’s in Taxation or LLM, a plus.
- Information Technology: Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite environment is required. Experience in CCH ProSystem Tax fx, CCH Engagement, RIA Checkpoint Research, Creative Solutions Fixed Assets, a plus.
- Professional Experience: Preparation of federal and state corporate, individual, trusts and estates, and partnership returns, a plus.
- Hourly Commitment: Willingness to work at least 8 hours a day from January 15th through April 17th of 2023, a major plus. Part-time opportunities may exist depending on need and location. Willingness to work overtime is a major plus. Hourly pay rate is based on college and work experience level (ranges between $18 and $25 per hour)