We are seeking talented and accomplished professionals who have been in client-facing roles to join our expanding tax, audit and consulting practice in our Fort Lauderdale office. This is your opportunity to use the breadth of your accounting skills to join an elite and growing local CPA firm that offers many opportunities!
- This is a management level tax position.
- You will be responsible for utilizing your years of experience and educational background as well as communication and organizational skills by interfacing with clients on a daily basis, reviewing tax returns, reviewing and performing tax research, and working with firm Partners on client tax matters.
- This position requires leadership skills as the position will require that you (1) manage and supervise tax staff within the practice, and (2) take responsibility for client work and client communications on a daily basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong review, supervision, delegation and organization skills as it relates to the management of “tax season tax compliance”.
- Excellent client communication skills.
- Strong analytical and tax technical skills and an attention to detail. Able to identify, research, and implement tax planning and tax savings strategies. Emphasis on small, medium and large “private client” service offerings.
- A self-starter, able to perform work with supervision from Tax Partners.
- Familiarity with standard tax practices and procedures and the ability to apply them to each project assigned.
- General knowledge of FASB regulations, GAAS, and GAAP. Capable of research and consulting on tax matters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to manage and develop a team.
- Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues or problems relating to compliance and consulting.
- A hard work ethic, team approach, view to moving up the ladder, and a positive and willing attitude are absolutely essential characteristics for this position!
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting required, Master’s in Taxation or LLM a plus, minimum of 6 plus years public accounting experience (Big 4 and / or Regional Accounting firm experience a plus). CPA is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite environment is required. Experience with tax technology similar to CCH WK, CheckPoint, ProSystem Tax, Engagement, Fixed Assets is also required.
- Strong Partnership, S-Corp, Individual, and multi-state tax preparation and review experience is a requirement of the position.
- Some level of C-Corp and Tax Provision (ASC 740, ASC 740-10) expertise is expected.
- Exceptional “one-on-one” client relationship skills are essential.
- Effective writing, communication, and tax research skills necessary, experience with tax technology a must.
- Experience managing 4 to 6 tax staff at one time (Staff and Senior associates) a must.
- Client billing and administrative skills a must.