We are currently looking for an Audit Manager to join us in our Fort Lauderdale office. The Audit Manager is responsible for leading or participating in audit engagements. Oversees the execution of audit engagements, trains staff and assesses audit quality.
• Ensures that audit activities comply with Audit Department standards
• Accomplishes audit activities within stipulated schedules
• Oversee audit activities in the areas of assigned audit responsibility, generally involving tasks of great variety applied to activities of high complexity and exposure
• Participate in the development of Audit Department standards, policies, and practices.
• Supervise, direct, train, mentor, and evaluate staff,
· and in developing a strong team effort among staff members
· Maintain effective and professional relationships with senior client management
· Maintains effective and professional relationships with audit clients.
· Well organized.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Working knowledge of Internal Revenue Code
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong analytical skills and an attention to detail.
• Familiarity with standard auditing practices and procedures and the ability to apply them to each project assigned. General knowledge of FASB regulations, GAAS, and GAAP.
• Working knowledge of Internal Revenue Code
• Good interpersonal skills including the ability to interview individuals associated with the subject of an audit.
• Ability to utilize resources available to complete assigned projects.
• Knowledgeable in the use of computers to document and record audit findings.
• Familiarity with overall company operations and an ability to understand correlations between internal operating departments.
Training and Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, minimum of 7 years public accounting experience as an audit professional and is a licensed CPA.
Experience with software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite. Proficiency in ProSystem fx Tax, Engagement, and Fixed Assets a plus.