We are seeking talented and accomplished professionals who have been in client-facing roles to join our expanding tax practice in our Fort Lauderdale office. This is your opportunity to use the breadth of your accounting skills to join an elite and growing local firm CPA that offers many opportunities!
• This is a staff level tax position.
• You will be responsible for utilizing your educational background as well as communication and organizational skills by preparing tax returns, performing tax research, and working with firm Partners, Managers, Seniors and clients on tax matters.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong analytical skills and an attention to detail. Able to identify and assist with implementation of tax planning and tax savings strategies, as well as research and consult on complex tax matters.
• A self-starter, able to complete projects with supervision from Tax Partners, Managers and Seniors.
• Familiarity with standard tax practices and procedures and the ability to apply them to each project assigned. General knowledge of FASB regulations, GAAS, and GAAP. Capable of completing tax research on tax matters.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues or problems relating to compliance and consulting.
• Familiarity with overall company operations and an ability to understand correlations between internal operating departments.
• A positive and willing attitude is absolutely essential!
Training and Experience:
• Bachelor’s in Accounting required, Master’s in Taxation or LLM a plus, minimum of 1 – 3 years public accounting experience (Big 4 and / or Regional Accounting firm experience a plus) and strong demonstrated progress to pursue CPA license if not already licensed.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite environment is required while programs similar to CCH WK and ProSystem Tax, Engagement, Fixed Assets suite experience is plus.
• C-Corp, Partnership, S-Corp, Individual tax preparation experience is a requirement of the position.
• ASC 740, ASC 740-10, and multi-state experience preferred, though not required.
• Effective writing, communication, and tax research skills necessary, experience with tax technology a must.