We’re seeking Senior Auditors to join our West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale audit teams. The Senior Auditor is responsible for leading or participating in audit engagements. Under minimal supervision, performs all audit assignments and tasks in the areas of audit responsibility. The nature of this position requires inside contact with company employees at all levels as well as contact with outside client representatives, vendors, and other business-related representatives.
- Ensures performance of independent and objective evaluations of the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls, disclosure controls, and operating systems in areas of audit responsibility.
- Performs or participates in complex functional audit processes that consist of audit assessment of risk and exposure associates with activities in the area of audit responsibility: the planning, design, performance, documentation, supervision, and review of audit work; the reporting of the results of audit work; and the monitoring and verification of auditee management’s resolution of audit findings.
- Ensures that audit activities comply with Audit Department standards
- Accomplishes audit activities within stipulated schedules
- Oversees audit activities in the areas of assigned audit responsibility, generally involving tasks of great variety applied to activities of high complexity and exposure
- May participate in the development of Audit Department standards, policies, and practices.
- May assist the Audit Manager in supervising, directing, training, mentoring, and evaluating staff, and in developing a strong team effort among staff members
- Assists the Audit Manager in maintaining effective and professional relationships with senior client management
- Maintains effective and professional relationships with audit clients.
- Be well organized and pay close attention to details.
- Work overtime as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills and an attention to detail.
- Ability to perform work with little or no supervision.
- Familiarity with standard auditing practices and procedures and the ability to apply them to each project assigned. General knowledge of FASB regulations, GAAS, and GAAP.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to interview individuals associated with the subject of an audit.
- Ability to utilize resources available to complete assigned projects.
- Knowledgeable in the use of computers to document and record audit findings.
- Familiarity with overall company operations and an ability to understand correlations between internal operating departments.
Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, minimum of 3 years public accounting experience as an audit professional and strong demonstrated progress to pursue CPA license if not already licensed.
- Experience with software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite. Proficiency in ProSystem fx Tax, Engagement, and Fixed Assets a plus.
Send resumes to email@example.com