We are seeking talented and accomplished professionals who have been in client-facing roles to join our expanding tax practice in our West Palm Beach office. This is your opportunity to use the breadth of your accounting skills to join an elite and growing local firm CPA that offers many opportunities!
- This is an upper level tax position.
- You will be responsible for utilizing your educational background as well as communication and organizational skills by reviewing and preparing tax returns, performing tax research, and working with firm Partners, Managers and clients on tax matters.
- Actively supervise most aspects of engagement and work directly with Partners on 50% of engagements, while working with tax manager on 50%.
- Experience preparing tax returns for individuals, trusts, partnerships, S corporations and C corporations.
- Work overtime as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills and an attention to detail. Able to identify and assist with implementation of tax planning and tax savings strategies, as well as research and consult on complex tax matters.
- A self-starter, able to perform work with supervision from Tax Partners and Managers.
- Familiarity with standard tax practices and procedures and the ability to apply them to each project assigned. General knowledge of FASB regulations, GAAS, and GAAP. Capable of research and consulting on tax matters.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to manage and develop a team.
- Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues or problems relating to compliance and consulting.
- Familiarity with overall company operations and an ability to understand correlations between internal operating departments.
- A positive and willing attitude is absolutely essential!
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting required, Master’s in Taxation or LLM a plus, minimum of 2-4 years public accounting experience (Big 4 and / or Regional Accounting firm experience a plus) and strong demonstrated progress to pursue CPA license if not already licensed.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite environment is required. Experience with tax technology similar to CCH WK, ProSystem Tax, Engagement, Fixed Assets is also required.
- C-Corp, Partnership, S-Corp, Individual tax preparation and review experience is a requirement of the position.
- ASC 740, ASC 740-10, and multi-state experience preferred, though not required.
- Exceptional client relationship skills essential.
- Effective writing, communication, and tax research skills necessary, experience with tax technology a must.