Family Office Accounting Manager
Amongst other governance and oversight services, the T&C Family Office Group works with many high-net-worth families and certain of their companies to satisfy daily financial and tax needs. This position is hands on role, with the ideal candidate capable of both executing daily, weekly and monthly detailed accounting activities as well as providing oversight of others and engaging in special projects periodically more broadly within the firm. The T&C Family Office is a team within one of the larger independent, regional public accounting firms. Templeton & Company, LLP is a member firm within the BDO Alliance.
- Provide banking, accounting and reporting services for high net worth individuals and certain of their companies.
- Monitor cash balances and record complex investment activities
- Prepare and analyze various financial statements – including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, budgets
- Maintains controls while actively seeking and implementing improvements to processes
- Performs initial preparation of various tax returns and assists in smooth flow of information to T&C tax team as necessary
- Involved in other special projects within the firm
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Family office experience a plus
- Proficient in QuickBooks. Great Plains/MS Dynamics a plus.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word. PowerPoint a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Positive, energetic team member
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Capable of performing complex tasks, but doesn’t mind performing clerical tasks
- Creative problem solver – looks to assist clients with operational questions and issues
- Client service oriented – both external and internal clients
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Eager learner with an ability to take on new tasks with higher levels of difficulty – capable of increased responsibility and progression